Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Memories from a trip to Kyoto

Once upon a time, while I lived in Japan I went on an enchanted trip to Kyoto.  I was determined to see some Geisha, a dream I had since reading the book "Memories of a Geisha"…so I went to Gion, where they work, and There I met these beauties. Aren't they wonderful?



I was sure these where girls, but to my surprise they turned out to be dress up guys.
A little shock at first, but as I love to draw it inspired me to draw this 
picture… 


I had wanted to see Geisha, and asked some Japanese as to their whereabouts…it turned out it was their day off, but I could not wait around for evening, what a pity.
After that, all was left was to relax… Here I am, riding a rickshaw. A rickshaw (riksha) originated from Japan and means man-powered vehicle. As you might be able to see, the guy pulling me around the streets of Gion is quite muscular, which I found a bonus, though I not sure he has the best job, hot humid and sticky, but he put a smile on for the photo none the less ;-) 
All in all, a great day! 



The sweet memory of this trip resulted in these fan earrings, layered with color, like the layers of a kimono.
Special rice paper imported from Japan creates this effect of layers, and adds the color of Kyoto to these gold plated fan earrings. 



All my LoVe,
Hila.


<div id="ScribCode416404118"></div>